Does this sound familiar?
- Comparing yourself to other women who seem to have it all together and wishing someone would let you in on their secret?
- Taking on too much or too little and never finding balance?
- Feeling like you've lost sight of your dreams?
- Keeping who you really are and what you really think a secret because you're afraid people will judge you if you let them see the real you?
- Always worried about being rejected (both by strangers and those you are closest to)?
- Telling yourself that you don't have the time, money, or energy to invest in yourself?
What if you could start feeling more authentic, joyful, and empowered today?
Our work together will give you a safe place to hone in on what you are really desiring out of life. Together, we will explore what's possible for you and your dreams while creating lasting mindset shifts that allow you to connect with your innate inner-wisdom and intuition.
I specialize in working with professional women -- women who are high achievers and have high expectations of themselves. They come to me because they are feeling stressed, alone, disconnected, or stuck in their lives. They have been following everyone else's rules for their life. They are constantly worrying about what everyone else thinks and constantly taking care of everyone but themselves.
My clients are competent, successful, and capable women, who deep down are terrified of failure.
We will work well together if you're a motivated woman who wants to connect with your deepest truths, gain clarity and focus, and change unhealthy life patterns.
I am a seasoned therapist with over a decade of clinical experience working with hundreds of clients. My approach is a unique combination of the most well-researched and cutting edge techniques including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), brain science, mindfulness, positive psychology, and spirituality.
My methods are never one size fits all, and are always tailored to meet your needs as an individual. I'm not the type of therapist who just nods my head or tells you what you already know, or who makes you tell your story over and over again.
In our sessions, you will experience my warmth, humor, and unconditional acceptance as I help you find lasting solutions and mindset shifts so you can find your voice and become the best version of yourself.
My office offers a private, boutique setting where I pride myself in providing high quality, deeply impactful counseling.
Please not that due to high demand, I am often on waiting list for new individual clients and my women's group. To see if I currently am on waiting list, please complete the form in the sidebar.
Areas of specialty:
- Relationship problems
- Self-worth and confidence
- Anxiety and depression
- Finding identity, meaning and purpose in life
- Work/life balance
- Life transitions (kids, career, divorce, etc.)
- Communication and connection
- Finding balance
- Forgiveness of self and others
- Spiritual identity and awakening
- Family of origin issues
My clients are women who:
- Are extremely sensitive, analytical and feel stuck in their own heads
- Are always chasing the approval of others, lacking in self-confidence and in need of external validation
- Have worked hard to have the things they want but now feel it has become too much
- Feel guilty that they don't have enough enjoyment of all the gifts and blessings in their lives
- Are on a journey to discover who they really are at their core
- Don't know the specifics of what a freedom-based life would look like but know that their feelings of sovereignty, integrity, and authenticity will tell them if they are on the right path
Please note: I welcome diversity in my practice including all body sizes, abilities, races, sexualities, religions, and political views.
Through our work together, you will:
- Get aligned with your own intuition and inner-wisdom so you can uncover your most authentic self.
- Create a vision and action plan to live a life with freedom and purpose so you can take concrete steps toward your goals.
- Learn strategies to honor yourself, improve your confidence, and understand your worth and value so you can experience true depth and meaning in relationships.
- Identify underlying limiting beliefs and blocks that are keeping you stuck so you can let go of "busy" and "perfect" for good!
- Learn how to nurture yourself at a high level: mind, body and soul to feel like your best self on a daily basis.
- Get to the heart of your deepest desires (note: you might be shocked by what you discover!) so you can live with intention from your deepest values.
- Make peace with your inner-critic so you can love ALL parts of you.
Counseling has the power to bless your future so it never becomes your past; bless your past so it becomes wisdom; and bless your challenges so they initiate you into greatness. Are you ready to take the journey to discover your truth, move beyond your fears and unlock your purpose?
It is your birthright as a woman to feel happy, free, and in love with your life! You are not wrong to want and expect happiness. Let's start the journey!
To find out more about my services or to schedule a free phone consultation, please click the button below or call 973-769-2401
Counseling Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located? Is there parking?
My office is conveniently located in Somerville, NJ, right off the Somerville Circle and near Route 287, Route, 22, Routes 202/206 and Route 78. I'm near Bridgewater, Bedminster, Hillsborough, Flemington, Basking Ridge, Bernardsville, Far Hills, Somerset, Flemington and Branchburg.
150 West End Ave
Somerville, NJ 08876
There is ample parking in the lot behind my building and free street parking.
What types of payment do you take?
I prefer cash or check but also accept all major credit cards. I do require clients to maintain a valid credit card on file to reserve your appointment and for any fees such as insurance copays, deductibles, or coinsurance.
Do you take insurance?
I am currently in network with select Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance plans. If you have BC/BS insurance, I will take your information during our initial phone or email consultation and we will discuss benefits and payment at that time. I can let you know if I'm in-network with your particular plan and if not, what your out of network benefits are.
Out of network:
My license, training, and education will allow you to be qualified for out-of-network reimbursement with other insurance companies such as Aetna, United, Cigna, and non-in-network Blue Cross plans, if your particular plan has out-of-network benefits.
Upon request I can provide you with a bill to submit for out-of-network reimbursement. Most insurance plans with out-of-network benefits will reimburse you 60-90% of my fee when you submit a claim. Please note that I make no guarantees about the level of reimbursement from your insurance company.
As a free service, I am also able to directly submit out-of-network claims to your insurance for reimbursement, and am often able to charge you, the client only your coinsurance while getting the remainder of my fee directly reimbursed from their insurance company to lessen the up-front costs to you.
Please keep in mind that if you decide to submit for insurance reimbursement (in-network or out-of-network), I will be required to include a mental health diagnosis on the bill. This diagnosis will become a part of your permanent medical record and may be considered when you apply for life or health insurance, employment, or security clearance in the future.
How do I find out if I can get reimbursed by my insurance for our sessions?
Questions to ask insurance for in-network reimbursement (select Blue Cross/Blue Shield plans only):
- What is my copay for a counseling session with a Licensed Clinical Social Worker?
- Do I have a deductible that must be paid before my counseling sessions will be covered by insurance?
- If so, how much is the deductible and do all medical and mental health payments go toward reaching it or only mental health?
Questions to ask insurance for out-of-network reimbursement:
- Do I have out-of-network benefits for counseling services with a Licensed Clinical Social Worker for procedure code 90837?
- What portion of the amount I paid will I be reimbursed (what is my coinsurance)?
- Do I have a deductible that must be met before insurance will reimburse for my out-of-network sessions?
- What is the procedure for obtaining reimbursement?
What are your fees?
50 minute psychotherapy session is billed at $175
For couples there are two options: a 50 minute session, which is billed at 175 or a 100 minute session, which is billed as a double session
Women's Group: $60 per person, per week
Do you offer a sliding scale for your services?
I do offer a limited number of sliding scale spots for those experiencing true financial difficulty. Feel free to inquire about sliding scale availability during our initial consultation.
How long are sessions?
Regular sessions are 50 minutes. For clients needing more intensive work, I offer a double session of 100 minutes.
It's hard for me to get to your office or my schedule is chaotic and I don't know if I can commit to a regular session time. Is there another way we can meet?
I offer clients video sessions using a secure, HIPAA compliant video platform called VSee or by phone in the event that they are unable to make it to my office or if they simply feel more comfortable with phone or video sessions.
Please note that video sessions are often covered by insurance, though individual insurance plans vary, while phone sessions never are.
Though it's best to schedule a regular time to meet, I can accommodate clients who need flexible scheduling as long as we can find alternative times.
Where can I find your forms?
My intake forms will be emailed directly to you through a secure portal. They will include a detailed intake packet where you can give me all the details of what is bringing you to counseling and what your goals are. They will also include my practice policies and procedures. You can complete and sign them online and send them back to me before our first session.
Your welcome email will also include detailed instructions to my office.
How do I know if you're the right therapist for me?
I encourage you to check out my counseling FAQ, my testimonials, my blog, my bio, my free content, and my published writing to get a better idea of my philosophy and approach. If after this you're still not sure, I encourage you to click the link below to set up a free consultation so we can talk and determine if we both feel it would be a good fit to work together.
If it turns out we're not a good fit, I will provide you with free referral information for counselors that I think would be a better match for you.
Please note that due to license regulations, counseling is only available to clients in New Jersey.
How do I know if my investment in time, energy, and money will be worth it?
Counseling is an investment in your emotional health and overall well-being. Nothing has a greater impact on your life experience than your emotional health. We believe that we're just supposed to be happy or to just know how to be in a healthy relationship, but unfortunately, that's simply not true. Communicating in ways people can hear you, acting with integrity, feeling peace no matter what the circumstance -- these are all skills we must learn. We are not born knowing them.
I truly believe that it is impossible to have any quality of life without your emotional health but only you can decide if your emotional health is worth the investment. When we're uncertain it usually means we don't have enough information. If your quality of life is suffering, I invite you to reach out for a free consultation to see if we might be a good fit to work together and to give yourself the gift of information.
While it's natural to think about what you stand to lose if you make a "wrong" decision, I offer that the decision to try counseling is best made when we consider all we have to gain.